Monday, January 21, 2013

Listmania - Part One

Deb at Home Life Simplified has started up a new linky. 

http://www.homelifesimplified.com.au/launching-listmania-number-one/
You should get on board!

Currently I am...

Reading: I just finally finished the third Hunger Games book (it took me ageeees to read the last one) and am embarking on The Life Of Pi after completely loving the movie.
Listening to:  Doing fair amount of time listening to podcasts as my usual radio stations have the shows I like on holidays.  Loving ‘The Shelf’ and anything where Richard Fidler is interviewing people.
Laughing at: My kittehs.  Always the kittehs.  Last night they thought it would be super fun to have races around the house.  I was in bed and I think I was in the steeplechase section.



Swooning over: Eddie Perfect and Tripod doing beautiful, simple acapella arrangements of Aussie songs last week at the Arts Centre.
Planning: The annual Australia Day BBQ at our house this weekend.  And also a Magical Mystery Tour for a visiting Kiwi in April.
Feeling: Tired.  And let down again by people that really shouldn’t be letting me down.  But that’s another post for another day.
Discovering: Max Brenner.  I went for the first time on the weekend and I believe it will be the start of a very passionate affair.


 

Looking at: Re-financing our home loan and consolidating our debt.  It’s so time consuming.  I’ve also learned that I really need to start actually filing our paperwork away so I can find it again.
Wearing: My new uniform for work.  It’s totally unflattering, but it means I don’t have to think about what to wear in the morning and I also don’t need to buy new clothes for work anymore.
Cooking: I’ve been baking a bit lately.  Nothing fancy, but I’m realising how much I truly love it.  If only I didn’t also truly love eating it!


Wondering: If there will be room in the new finances to finally get a cleaning person.  I hate cleaning more than almost anything else in the entire world.
Trying out: The eleventy billion samples and packets of yummy meal bases I was given by McCormicks at the Kids Business Social Mum’s Say event on Saturday.

So what are you currently...

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you Jo - I hate cleaning nearly as much as I hate cooking. I basically need a housekeeper, but that's not going to happen anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cooking! But I hate cleaning up the mess.

      Delete
  2. It's hysterical when my cat does the running around like a lunatic - thunder paw time :)

    I've avoided getting my work uniform. It's so uncomfortable and ridiculously expensive. I'm happy in my stretchy polo top .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh but Nat, my uniform IS a polo shirt! And work provide it! I just have to wash it.

      Delete
  3. I miss work uniforms, like you said there is no thinking of what to wear each work day. Although working in a 2 person home office (sometimes 1 -just me) I go to work dressed pretty casually.
    Not a cleaning person here either, I hope you find room in your budget for a cleaner. Good luck with all the re-financing paperwork, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! If I worked from home there would be a uniform and that uniform would be pajamas.

      We got a broker to organise the re-financing for us and it has been sooooo easy! We've just had to sign some stuff, he has filled out every single form.

      Delete
  4. max brenner - ohhhh max brenner!!! enjoy that love affair, it is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve your list - look at those kittens - adorable.

    Loved all 3 hunger games books - need to re-read!

    If i make even a tiny bit more money this year a cleaner is top of our list - i just want someone to mop all the hardwood floors (whole house is dark wood floors) and clean my shower properly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, that's all I want them to do, floors and bathrooms. The rest I can handle. Or can wait.

      Delete
  6. OMG Jo - i just read your about page - i am allergic to bees too and Romper room was one of my favourite shows as a kid - i did not know they had a version in australia (or did you grow up in the states?) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had Romper Room here! It was the best!!!!

      Delete
  7. Love your list. I loved the Hunger Games. I read Life of Pi just before seeing the movie. It was great - I bet you will love it!
    I have a cleaner - and even though hubby and I both will work 4 days per week from March I think we might just keep her! She is worth her weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! I'm totally hooked on The Life Of Pi, I just need more time to read it!!!

      Delete
  8. Yep, so worth juggling the finances to get some of the major cleaning done. Makes life so much better. I loved Life of Pi when it came out but have not caught the movie. It is on my must watch list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it is very close to the book, so I think you will love it!

      Delete
  9. I'm both sad and glad there is no Max Brenner in Darwin. It makes resisting temptation so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. I think it was safer before I had actually been there.

      Delete
  10. I loved the Hunger games series, can't wait to see what they do with the next movie, and if they stay true to the books, which I will then have to reread. I hate my work uniform it's horrid, we have two cats. think we may have a bit in common, looking forward to hearing more. Rae xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rae! The first hunger games was pretty close so I hope they stick with it. :-)

      Delete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails