Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Resignation

Hi Kids!

I'd apologise about the lack of bloggy action around here, but I don't really have a valid excuse, I've just been out and about living my life.  I'm sure you know the feeling.  Nothing new to report, except that if you are in Australia and you haven't made plans to see King Kong The Musical then you are bloody mad.  This show is the most amazing thing I have ever seen on a theatre, and I've been going to the theatre for over 25 years.  Seriously, get yourself a ticket.  (not sponsored, I just think it is AWESOME!)




In other news, I recently resigned from my job. I have a new one now, it's early days, but so far so good.  It's much closer to home, so that's a huge bonus!

This is the resignation letter I sent to my boss:



To whom it may concern, 

Please accept my resignation, effective end-of-day Wednesday 17th July, 2013. 


I feel very fortunate to have been associated with your company for the last five years. My experiences and training have been invaluable, and I leave with many pleasant memories.



Yours sincerely,



Jo





And this is the letter I wanted to send, but I wimped out didn't:






To whom it may concern, 


Please consider this as my resignation, effective end-of-day Wednesday 17th July, 2013. 


You will recall that during the five years that I have been with your company, I have applied for various promotions. Upon only one occasion, was I successful with a promotion.  For the lengthy period that I was working as a 2IC to one of your Team Leaders, I was not paid for these additional duties, which demonstrates a breach of your responsibility for the financial welfare of employees.  It was during this period that my father suddenly passed away, and I took bereavement leave.  Upon my return, I was demoted from my 2IC position.


I have since moved to another team.  I believe that despite my legitimate absences due to illness recently, I have been taken away from doing off phone ‘admin’ work, which is under-utilising my strengths. This is tantamount to penalising a person for doing too good a job. Clearly, this would mean that I can have no hopes for further promotion in your company.


I believe that there is a significant amount of manipulation by management of employees through duress.  This is evident through my observation of the workplace culture.  Equally, it is my opinion that the complaint structure is not a fair and reasonable protocol which tends to err on a band-aid solution.


I leave your company with many pleasant memories; the experience has been rewarding in many ways. Under the circumstances, however, I’m certain you will fully understand the reasons for my decision.



Yours sincerely,



Jo






2 comments:

  1. Happy Resignation Jo!

    Sounds like it was the right decision for you to make. And congrats on getting another job! That's awesome!

    MC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to hire you when it's my turn to write a resignation letter!
    New jobs are scary, but exciting, hope it's going well :)

    ReplyDelete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails