Thursday, January 13, 2011

This Is Summer? Huh?

This weather is odd.  It is the middle of Summer and yet it is raining.  We do not live in the tropics.  Nutter is completely freaked out by the humidity, and who can blame her?  It's bad enough for me, and I'm not covered in fur!  She has set herself up in front of the fan and I think she will stay there until we turn it off.

Out street is flooded, but it is nowhere near as bad as what is going on in Queensland, so I won't harp on about it.  As far as we can tell there is no danger of it coming in our house.

Two great things hapened today.  I got my old early shift back at work.  It means earlier starts, but it also means I will be home earlier.  I can hopefully ramp the BSEP up to the next level!  Woot!

The other great thing is that I have a long weekend.  Starting now!  Well, actually it started a few hours ago, but you get the idea.  Chyken and I are off to the beach to catch up with some friends. The only real plans are to go to the Portsea Pub for dinner on Saturday night. The rest of the time will probably be spent by the pool or at the beach.  I know, not great weather for it, but I love water, no matter what the weather!

What are you up to this weekend???




Today I am grateful that I have a full-time permanent job that pays me holiday pay so I can afford to take time off to go away for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails