Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Hot New Year!

We have just returned from a very hot couple of days in Mildura.  The temperature reached 43 in the shade and I almost melted, but we had a wonderful time.  The heat and insects got too much for us, and although we were booked in to stay for four nights, we packed up on New Year's Eve and headed home, eventually arriving at 3am to welcome the new year in from our own new house. I think that will be a good omen for the year ahead.  Hopefully 2011 will be a huge improvement on the shit that was 2010. 

Here are a few photos from the trip.


Junction of the Darling (the muddy one) and the Murray Rivers, Wentworth.


The Author, trying to keep cool!

The Murray River in the Olden Dayes.

The orange train at Orange World.

The Author and her Chyken

I'm not a resolutions kind of girl, but this year I aim to be happier and healthier. 

I hope you had a great time welcoming the new year, however you chose to spend it. I hope that all your dreams come true this year, and for all the years after that as well.  I look forward to having you read my blogginess again this year.  Who knows, I might actually write something worth reading in 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails