Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Direction... Maybe?


I've applied for a new job. In a field I have a lot of passion for, but no formal qualifications, or even work experience in. I'm not going to say too much in case I jinx it, but if you could send some positive vibes my way I would appreciate it!





I like the job I have now, but I don't LOVE it, ya know? I work in a call centre, and out of the fifteen or so call centres I have worked in over the years, this is by far the best one. I get paid well, the work is easy (sometimes a little too easy) I have not even been looking for a new job, but when I heard about this one I felt like I was meant to apply.




Except for a brief stint in the retail world (which I do not want to go back to), call centre/admin work is all I have ever done. I've never really known what I wanted to do with my life. Having a 'career' has never really interested me. Buying a house never did either, and yet I did that, so I guess anything is possible of change, even my mind!  It will mean a commute to the city, something I'm not overly thrilled about, but perhaps it could be nice to sit on a train every morning and day dream instead of doing it in my car and getting speeding tickets?



I've sent the application off. Now we wait.



P.S. I have some great images from We Heart It that I want to add to this post, but Blogger is being a prat. I'll come back and add them in later when it starts working properly again. Also, massive apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I'll fix them later too.   It seems to be working now!  Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails