Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day Four - Blog Every Day In May 2014

It's Day Four of Clairey Hewett's blog challenge...

Today's prompt is:

Your Earliest Memory

I'm not sure what my earliest memory is.  Perhaps I only remember things because there are photos of it happening, or someone has told me about it?

I think I remember being at kinder.  I remember the teachers and how I arrived one morning and one of them said 'Well, Joanne, it looks like you've had your jumping beans for breakfast!'  

I remember having a dog called Tiny who we had to lock up in the shed when they were hunting foxes in the area because she was the same colour as the foxes.  I remember my 5th birthday party and how bottle feeding the lambs took the place of party games.




I remember my first day of school.  I had to go into the classroom and find my name on my desk.  I was very excited that I could read my own name.  And even more excited that I was on a table with some of the boys from my kinder.



I remember losing my first tooth while eating my lunch one day in grade Prep.  And then ACTUALLY losing the tooth.  I was devastated, because how would the tooth fairy come?  (Turns out, the tooth fairy will accept heartfelt letters explaining your predicament in lieu of an actual tooth)

Other than that, I don't remember much.






1 comment:

  1. I don't remember much of my early years either, in fact my memories are even later than yours. I often wonder about some of the memories I do have and whether I can only remember because of the photos.

    ReplyDelete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails