Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2015 Review - Em Rusciano


http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/2015/season/shows/the-motherload-em-rusciano



This is a show for anyone who has ever been, or ever had, a mother.

I had a really great time at this show. Em mixes comedy and music seamlessly. Her re-writes of songs from Frozen and The Sound of Music were a highlight for me. I loved her tales of motherhood, and of growing up in the 90's.  I especially enjoyed the John Farnham medley.

There was an Auslan interpreter at the show I saw, and I will confess that I spent a lot of time watching her just to see what the sign was for all the swearing Em was doing on the stage.

I've seen Em's shows at the last couple of Comedy Festivals and she only gets better and better.

4/5 stars

There are no tickets left for this season, but if you're lucky you might get tickets to her encore show in Yarraville.  Details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails