Friday, October 16, 2015

Silvers Circus in New Gisborne - Review

I was given a double pass to roll up and see Silvers Circus by the good people at Cavanagh PR. All opinions are my own.


 

It's been quite warm around these parts for October, so warm that there's been a bushfire burning not far from here the last couple of weeks. It was a warm night when we headed to see Silvers Circus.

I've been to lots of circuses (circusi?) in my time, and I can honestly say that Silvers Circus is the best Australian one I've ever seen. I said that when I saw them last year and paid for it myself, this is not the free tickets talking, I promise.


The acts are world class. During some of the aerial stuff I actually thought I might vomit with fear. Even though logically I know they wouldn't be up there doing it if it wasn't safe, it really doesn't look like that a lot of the time.

There's a little something for everyone here, not too much clown (I know there are lots of people who don't like clowns), there's enough, but not too much, and the use of audience volunteers is funny without making people step too far out of their comfort zone. 

Lots of different sorts of juggling (including a woman who juggles fire with her FEET!) and the woman on the roman rings had me on the edge of my seat. Likewise the tightrope walker.  There's no net!  How are they allowed to do that?!

I'm still trying to work out how Simon the magician pulled off some of the magic tricks, maybe it is REAL magic?!

There are two main stand outs though and they are the Wheel Of Death and the Double Wheel of Steel, the Wheel of Death is a metal globe that crazy talented men roar around inside on motorbikes.  I mean, have you ever? And just when you think it's too much they put a woman in there and ride within inches of her! Insane!

However, the absolute highlight for me was the Double Wheel of Steel. Two men spin around at stupid speeds balancing each other and if that's not enough they get on the outside and seem to almost touch the top of the tent. I have no idea how it works, but it is marvellous to watch. (This is where I actually thought I might throw up!)


Silvers Circus is in New Gisborne until Sunday. It's not often that such world class entertainment lands right on our doorstep, so we should be taking advantage of it so they come back!

For all the details and to buy tickets, go to their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails