Saturday, August 14, 2010

Let It Be

On Wednesday night Chyken and I went to Let It Be, a Beatles tribute concert. There was a 15 piece band that were great and the songs were performed by Jon Stevens, John Waters, Doug Parkinson and Jack Jones. They were all AMAZING, it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Chyken was impressed by the musicianship, I was mostly impressed by the tight pants. No, seriously, it was note perfect, and you could see how much each of the guys loved what they were doing.

They performed 32 (give or take) Lennon McCartney songs ranging from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds to Yesterday. Jack Jones did a guitar solo during 'I Want You (She's So Heavy) that went on for about 10 minutes and literally sent shivers up and down my spine.

After the show Jack Jones and John Waters were in the foyer signing CD's. They were only too happy to have this photo taken with me!

If you ever see Let It Be advertised near you, do yourself a favour and go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I LOVED Jack Jones in the 90's...

    Sigh!

    I think it sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails