Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Musical Memories

OK.  Life has calmed down somewhat.  Well, enough for me to have aenough time to answer the next few 30 Day Blog Challange questions...


Question 13 - What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received? 

"Never try to grow your hair, and stop dying it at the same time."  Thanks to Claire the Hairdresser for this one.


Question 14 - What is the worst advice that you have ever received? 

"Your fringe would look brilliant if you let me perm it!" Thanks to Frances the Godmother and Hairdresser for this one.


The Author, possibly 1992
 Hair not shown actual size


Question 15 - Some songs bring us back to a moment. Share with us a song and the moment it reminds you of.

It's hard to go past the songs we had at our wedding.  I walked down the aisle with my Dad to "You Were There".  Originally performed by Southern Sons.





While we signed the register, the beautiful band Chyken put together for the ceremony played a John Farnham song... 'The Reason Why'.





As we left the church the band played 'Come Back Again' by Daddy Cool.  There is meaning behind this, and one day I will explain it, but I think it deserves a post all to itself.  Soon.





This is our first dance as married people.  It's not the greatest footage in the world, but you'll get the idea.  The song is 'My Baby Just Cares For Me', in this instance it is sung by Nina Simone.





Chyken is home from hospital (he had four sleeps in there) and on the mend.  He's on some pretty scary looking tablets, but they seem to be doing the trick.

I had a complete meltdown last week.  The doctor said I was completely exhausted and severely stressed and told me not to go back to work for at least a week.  So I am at home this week too. 

We'll both be OK... Eventually. 

We have to be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, therefore you are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails